Resetting Intentions (And Hello!)


Oh hi there.

Inspired by my two beaut friends George (Indoor Pursuits) and Tara (The Style Rawr), I've decided to start this sparkly new blog. It's probably my 4000th attempt at blogging, but 4000's a charm, right?

I'll be chatting about, well, all the things here. I get excited about new places, inspiring people, indie film and theatre, beautiful interiors, mindful living and (crucially) gluten free food that doesn't taste like cardboard. I'll be hunting down all of these things and sharing them with you.


Handily, starting this blog aligns with my new intention for 2018: doing. I'm sure you've come across other posts about ditching resolutions for intentions - if not you should definitely check out Birchbox's recent guide. Setting a focus for the year really resonates with me, and it's far more conducive to self-care than strict goals can be.

So 2018. Doing. This is actually a bit of a resetting, as being a doer has been a subconscious intention for most of my life. In my teens and early twenties, I was always concocting plans, making stuff happen, being part of things. My life was in constant motion. And then slowly, it wasn't anymore. I was no longer in the driving seat; things passed me by, I became impassive. Life just happened. Meh.


Last year was preeeetty tough. I was totally overworked and stressed out; my job took over my life - I was absolutely no fun and constantly teetering on burn out. And then all of a sudden... it was gone. Redundancy has a funny way of changing your outlook. It became blindingly obvious that I hadn't been living on my own terms at all, and I needed to sort that out pronto.

So here we are. 2018. Year of Doing. A couple of weeks in, and I'm already planning. Making things happen. Resetting. It's going to be an absolute beaut of a year.

Images from the brilliant Unsplash


No comments